Early detection is the best defense against fraud and abuse
Have you been a witness to fraud or abuse within the Guilderland Central School District? If so, we encourage you to call the New York State Comptroller's Office toll-free fraud and abuse hotline at 1-888-OSC-4555 (1-888-672-4555) or log on to http://osc.state.ny.us/investigations.
The Office of the New York State Comptroller provides a
anonymous reporting system to help
organizations comply with government mandates and build ethical workplace
By calling or logging on to http://osc.state.ny.us/investigations, school employees and community members can report fraud and abuse confidentially and anonymously. The hotline is staffed Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. by experienced investigators from the Investigations Unit of the Legal Services Division of the Office of the State Comptroller.
Once a complaint is received, the Investigations Unit may:
• Conduct a preliminary investigation;
• Open a full investigation;
• Refer the complaint to the proper agency or authority; or
• Close the case.
Managing fraud, workplace abuses, and other ethical issues in today’s
workplace is highly important. The Guilderland Central School District is
committed to identifying and resolving fraud and abuse in an efficient and
effective manner and enhancing the overall awareness of accountability for
For more information, please contact the Office of the State Comptroller or any member of the Guilderland Board of Education.
Reporting Medicaid fraud and abuse
The Guilderland Central School District has in place a Medicaid compliance program for the following purpose:
• Comply with all local, state and federal laws and regulations;
• Require and promote ethical standards of conduct in conjunction with Board Policy #2160, School District Code of Ethics; and
• Establish systemic checks and balances to detect and prevent inaccurate billing and inappropriate practices in the Medicaid program within the District.
All employees and independent contractors are charged
with the responsibility to report all suspected incidents of Medicaid abuse
or fraudulent activity to the District Medicaid Compliance Officer who can
be contacted in the following manner:
1) By phone at 518-456-6200, ext. 3113
2) By e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
3) By fax to 518-456-1152
4) In person at the District Offices, Guilderland Central School District, 8 School Road, P.O. Box 18, Guilderland Center, New York 12085
5) By U.S mail or express mail delivery to the address listed in #4