Student Contact and Medical Information Verification and Update Form
Each year, the Guilderland Central School District requests of all parents their most current and accurate contact information, as well as critical medical information pertaining to their child(ren). Such information is extremely important for district officials and employees who are committed to providing a safe and responsive school environment for all students. Our ability to appropriately respond to student medical concerns and to maintain timely communications with parents is dependent on this verification process.
In past years, the district sent home hard copies of student health cards for verification and completion by parents. However, with the increased use of the SchoolTool Parent & Student Portal, we are asking parents to make full use of our online systems for this verification process. This transition to online verification of your child’s records and information will, over the long term, be significantly less costly for the district and is reflective of the community’s commitment to reduce paper consumption and become more efficient and environmentally conscious.
Again, we must stress to you how critically important it is for parents to provide school and district officials with current and accurate contact and medical information. If, for any reason, you are not able to complete this online verification process, please take the time to seek assistance by contacting Kim TenEyck at the GCSD District Office (456-6200, ext. 3123).
Please note: Information submitted via the form below is encrypted. All received submissions will be verified by district officials. If preferred, parents may submit a written request for the update of their child's contact/medical information to Kim TenEyck at the District Office or may submit a written request to their child's school upon the start of the new school year.
Directions to Complete the Online Verification of Student Contact and Medical Information
**The following verification process must be completed for each child.**
Access an existing SchoolTool Parent & Student Portal account
1. Visit the Guilderland SchoolTool Parent & Student Portal site.
2. Log in to your secure portal account using your unique USERNAME and PASSWORD (created previously). If you are a new user, please follow the directions shown in the section below.
3. Look for and click on the small blue arrow ( ) to the left of your child’s name.
4. You will then see the personal information that
we have on file for your child.
a. Please verify contact information displayed for your child.
b. If there are medical alerts on file for your child you will see the medical alert icon ( ). Please hover your cursor over the
medical alert icon to view and verify medical information on file at this time.
5. Return to this webpage to complete the Student Contact and Medical Information Update Form (below).
6. Please complete and submit the Student Contact and Medical Information Update Form. Please note, your submission of this form will serve as both verification of your review of your child’s contact and medical information as well as the secure tool by which the district will receive updated information from you. All submitted information will remain secure and confidential. All received revisions or updates to medical information will be verified by your child’s school nurse.
Create a new SchoolTool Parent & Student Portal account
1. Visit the Guilderland SchoolTool Parent & Student Portal home page.
2. Look for and click on the link to “Download the Guide for Parents” to access an introductory guide for creation of an account and use of the SchoolTool Parent & Student Portal. Please be advised that you must have an active email account to complete this process.
3. Read the directions to “First Log into the SchoolTool Parent & Student Portal.”
4. Carefully follow all directions for creation of your account. You will be directed to contact Kim TenEyck at the District Office (456-6200, ext. 3123) who will create your account.
5. Once your account has been created, please follow the steps shown above to access your account and complete your verification of contact and medical information on file for your child.
Please be sure to carefully read the introductory information posted above prior to completing the form below.
Please complete this form to indicate any revisions and/or update to your child's contact and/or medical information reflected in the SchoolTool Parent & Student Portal. Please note that you must have an active SchoolTool account and email address as described above. All information received via this form will be verified by district officials prior to appearing on the SchoolTool Parent & Student Portal. Depending on the volume of updates received, it could take up to one week for the new information to appear in your profile.
Fields noted with an asterisk (*) are required. Please be sure to use the scroll on the right-hand side of the box below to ensure that you have completed the entire form.
To complete this survey please visit our page on Survey Monkey.