Employee Accident Procedures
If you have been injured on the job, please follow the procedures below:
• Complete an Adult Incident Report, which may be obtained in the school building nurse's office. Be sure that the report is signed by the employee's supervisor/principal and that the completed report is sent to Beverly Toro at the District Office.
the employee is going to seek medical attention or loses time from work, the
employee must complete the Claimant Information Packet (available in the
school building nurse's office) which includes:
• Information on Workers’ Compensation Rights.
• Form C-3 (to be completed for current injury).
• Form C-3.3 (to be completed if a previous injury to the same body part is affected).
• Temporary Prescription Form for employee to use to fill prescriptions.
• Employees who lose time from work and/or seek medical attention should contact Beverly Toro at the District Office at 456-6200 ext. 3114 as soon as possible.
Student Accident Report Procedures
If you are a student who has been injured, please follow the procedures below:
• Students should report to the nurse’s office and an incident report must be filled out and signed by the school nurse and principal of the building. A copy of that report is sent to Beverly Toro at the District Office.
• In the case of a sports injury either at Guilderland or at an away game, the same report needs to be completed with the signatures of both the athletic director and the student's school building principal.
• The school's insurance carrier is Commercial Travelers and is secondary to the parents insurance. Any remainder balance should be submitted on a Claim Form available at the nurse’s office and submitted to Commercial Travelers.