Address: 8 Regina Drive,
Schenectady, NY 12303
Directions to Lynwood Elementary School
Please visit our Transportation pages
Supply lists for 2015-16 school year
Download basic supply lists for each grade level below. The document is available in PDF format. Parents will receive information about any additional items teachers may request along with the August placement letter.
Features of the Lynnwood Elementary School program include:
• A learning community which supports the growth of the whole child—social, academic and physical.
• A child-centered, developmentally appropriate approach in all curriculum areas.
• An active building cabinet exemplifying the shared decision making process.
• Teacher leaders in language arts, mathematics, science and social studies work closely with the staff and administration.
• An emphasis on professional development as a vital component of our educational program.
• An active and supportive PTA and community.
• Parents often volunteer and feel comfortable visiting classrooms.
• School-wide social worker services which offer opportunities for Banana Splits, friendship groups, push-in programs and community building to prevent bullying.
• A strong commitment to art, physical education, music, drama and other enrichment activities.